We also hold events, such as tournaments, feasts, camping events or wars, where members dress up in pre-17th century attire and recreate medieval life.
- Weekly arts and armoured combat: Our weekly meeting, held Wednesdays at Monash University, is where members meet to work on crafts and projects, and where those interested in armoured combat gather to practice and hone their skills.
- Weekly renaissance fencing: Each Thursday, we study and practice styles of rapier sword-fighting found in Europe during the Renaissance period
- Monthly Crafthall: Bring a project of your own, or help work on a group project. Our monthly council meetings are also held at this time.
Attending SCA meetings
- Attire: You can wear modern clothes to meetings (we wear our pre-17th century clothes at events)
- Membership: You can become an SCA member by completing this online form. Membership is $35 per year for individuals, and dependent children are free. Non-members can attend SCA activities and events by paying an additional $5 insurance levy at the door.
- Payment and bookings: You do not need to book for one of our regular weekly or monthly meetings. Check the upcoming event details for booking and payment details, or contact the seneschal if you are unsure.
- Sign in: You will be asked to sign in at each SCA meeting or event. There will be a designated table for sign in, and there will be a person (constable) to assist you with this process.